It is very important for Primex to be a qualified producer of chitin and chitosan and to fulfil all requirements and standards for such producers, both regarding safety, purity of the material and public quality requirements, both Icelandic and international, along with its buyers request.
In the purpose of fulfilling previously mentioned requirements and standards, Primex will:
- Execute and maintain protocols in the quality handbook and appendix'.
- Ensure that all required measurements for all safety are executed.
- Maintain the training and education of employees in the production and quality management.
- Ensure that all employees know the quality system and have access to quality handbook documents, which in any way are linked to their field of expertise.
ISO 22000:2005 specifies requirements for a food safety management system where an organization in the food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption.
ISO 22000:2005 specifies requirements to enable an organization:
- to plan, implement, operate, maintain and update a food safety management system aimed at providing products that, according to their inteded use, are safe for the consumer,
- to demonstrate compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements,
- to evaluate and assess customer requirements and demonstrate conformity with those mutually agreed customer requirements that relate to food safety, in order to enhance customer satisfaction,
- to effectively communicate food safety issues to their suppliers, customers and relevant interested parties in the food chain,
- to ensure that the organization conforms to its stated food safety policy,
- to demonstrate such conformity to relevant interested parties, and
- to seek certification or registration of its food safety management system by an edternal organization, or make a self-assessment or self-declarion of conformity to ISO 22000:2005.*
Management System of Primex ehf. fulfils the requirements in DS/EN ISO 22000:2005. The scope of the certification is production and sale of chitin and chitosan. Our ISO 22000:2005 certification can be downloaded here.
*Information obtained from www.iso.org
Tún ehf. is an independent inspection and certification body for organic and sustainable production and resource utilisation, also being a member of IFOAM and accredited by ISAC to EN45011 for certification bodies operating products certification systems. It confirms that Primex ehf. has satisfied the requirements for inspection, operating procedures and production methods as specified in the
Tún Standards for Certified Nature Products and Inputs for chitin products. It's a standard which operates within the framework of European regulations and TÚN is listed in the official EU registry of approved certifying agencies for organic production in the EEA and EU.
Our TÚN certificate can be downloaded here.
Primex has received a Halal certification.
Halal Authority Board has certified that Primex ehf. has been assessed and have confirm that our processes and systems comply with HAB's Worldwide Standards for Halal Certification and the requriements toIslamic Shariah Law, as accepted by Hambali, Shaf'i and Maliki Schools of Jurisprudence. The certification covers both ChitoClear and LipoSan Ultra. The certificate can be viewed here.